Saturday, April 3, 2010

Coffee Date #2 for 2010

Here I was ready to discuss OK Cupid rejection when I managed to arrange a coffee date for today. I will get to the OK Cupid rejection soon, as I'm sure both of my readers are anxious to learn more of.

I have taken to reading Craigslist personal ads lately; they can be addicting. I post there as well of course.

One ad caught my eye, from a woman with a graduate degree. In the ad she shared an anecdote about how her father suggested she should act dumb in order to land a man to get married to. Now, I am the kind of man who finds intelligent women extremely appealing and sexy. Much more so than looks. A vapid but pretty woman is not attractive to me at all.

We began exchanging e-mails and eventually got to the point where we were ready to meet in person. That day was today.

Now, a bit about me: I'm not only a classic introvert (ISTJ as a matter of fact) but I'm quite shy. Incredibly shy. When I'm meeting someone new for the first time I tend to get very, very nervous. I suspect it's quite off-putting. I've been told I do not make a very good first impression.

We chatted for an hour over coffee and she then had to leave. I enjoyed talking to her but I'm not sure what she thought of me. I suggested a second meeting and received a noncommittal reply. So, not really sure if there will be a second meeting or not.

I suppose these sorts of encounters are at least good for me in the sense that I will have practice in chatting up strangers. And maybe, just maybe, I'll get better at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment